Monday, October 17, 2011

Bob Dylan is a Smart Man

 

I make jokes a lot of the time, I’m funny or at least I think I’m funny. Sometimes I go overboard in my joke making endeavors. I’m sure not everybody wants to hear about how I fucked their mom  last night. So I’m sorry for that, its not gonna change but I do feel sorta badly about it.

Jesus Christ Bob Dylan once said that “The Times They Are a Changing” Which you would know had you taken five minutes and watched the video at the beginning of this post. I have a lot of favorite songs, but this song may in fact be the greatest song ever written. Dylan was a genius. I’m not gonna expand on his genius because obviously real authors have written books about it.

Friends The Times They Are A Changing. Nothing is as it was 10 years ago. The social structure of our lives has changed. We don’t have face to face meetings with friends for coffee anymore. We Skype with them, or Facebook them. Email is the preferred communication tool amongst business’s. In 20 years will our children know what another human beings face looks like? Will we all be locked away in an e-panic room?

I hope not, as much as I like technology,. I love the human race even more. Facebook has taught me one thing, and only one thing of significant importance. People are fucking stupid and will buy almost any piece of bullshit you try and sell them. And you can have a lot of fun doing it. I spent about 6 hours on Facebook last night, essentially ruining some dumb chicks night, and it felt great. I was aided in my quest by a few people who are as cynical, sarcastic and derogatory as I am, which always helps.

The point of this post, well fuck it there isn’t any point, I just wanted to be semi-serious for a hot second. Prove to the world that I’m capable of doing it. Now back to your regularly scheduled fucking off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment